Butterfly Friendly Flowers Seed Shaker
There's a flurry of activity around protecting bees and butterflies this season! Mr Fothergill's Bee and Butterfly Seed Shaker boxes are just what you need to create a pollinator friendly flower garden!
The varieties in this mix have been selected to attract butterflies to your garden, and to provide them with the nectar they need to survive. By providing butterflies with flowers to feed on you help them whilst at the same time helping your garden flourish.
This Butterfly Friendly Flower Mix shaker contains 100g of Shake & Rake mix - enough to cover a 20m2 area.
The seed mix contains specifically selected varieties of butterfly attracting flowers combined with vermiculite to aid germination.
Flower Varieties included in this mix:
- Larkspur (Delphinium elatum)
- Aster (Callistephuschinensis)
- Candytuft (Iberisumbellata)
- Catmint (Nepetaracemosa)
- Lavender English (Lavandulaangustifolia)
- Forget Me Not (Myosotis sylvatica)
- Lobelia (Lobelia erinus)
- Coneflower (Rudbeckia hirta)
- Pincushion Flower (Scabiosaatropurpurea)
- Bergamot (Monardadidyma)
- Yarrow (Achilleamillefolium)
- Mexican Giant Hyssop (Agastachemexicana)
- Coreopsis (Coreopsis lanceolata)
- Native Violet (Viola hederacea)
How To Grow
- Prepare the chosen area for your seeds by turning or raking the soil until you have a good crumbly consistency, removing any stones and weeds as you go.
- Open the pouring spout on the side of the box and carefully shake out the seed mix thinly and evenly directly over the prepared area. You can sow thickly or thinly, depending on what look you want to achieve.
- Gently rake over the seed bed to lightly cover the seeds.
- Water well until the plants are established.
- For a continuous show make several sowings at 2-3 week intervals.
- Some perennial varieties may not flower until the second year.
- Once the flowers start to appear, pollinating insects and butterflies will soon follow.
Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter