This very popular community event has a unique ‘hands on’ quality and an ‘active’ nature to it. It provides the community with a chance to better our gardens and use it as a time to keep active, keep creative and establish a space of relaxation.
To enter the competition, please register your interest at www.ryde.nsw.gov.au/gardencomp
- Front gardens: a garden area adjacent to the street which may include an entry gate or pathway leading to the front of the residence.
- Back gardens: a garden area, away from the front of the residence, which may include a swimming pool, children's play area and a deck or terrace for relaxation or entertaining.
- Courtyard or balcony gardens: private residential garden using pots, planter boxes, ornaments, walled gardens etc.
- Edible gardens: vegetable gardens, fruit gardens, permaculture gardens etc.
- Native and habitat-friendly gardens: gardens which feature Australian native plants and include habitat elements to encourage native fauna such as birds, lizards, possums and insects.
- Local school gardens: gardens within local primary schools, high schools and pre-schools where students and teachers have worked together.
- Community gardens: garden projects where the local community, groups or community organisations have worked together.
- Commercial gardens: gardens within local businesses and commercial organisations eg. hotels, retirement villages, commercial premises, small and large businesses, universities etc.
- Bushcare sites: for an outstanding contribution made by a group of volunteers at a recognised Bushcare site.
- Children’s seed growing competition*: Children can enter in the following age brackets: 3 – 7 years and 8 - 12 years. The seeds to be grown are Dwarf Sunflowers. Free seeds, pot and growing instructions will be available for collection from Eden Gardens from Sunday 31 July.
Judging of Entries and Judging Criteria
- All entries will be personally judged by a panel of appointed garden judges and horticulture professionals.
- The City of Ryde will contact entrants to confirm their allocated judging time slot for the judging panel to view each entry.
- Wherever possible judging will take place during the months of September/October 2022.
- To enter the competition, please register your interest at www.ryde.nsw.gov.au/gardencomp
All entrants will be invited to attend a Spring Garden Gala Evening on the 26th of October sponsored by Eden Gardens for the announcement of the 2022 Spring Garden Competition winners.
Where: Eden Gardens
When: Wednesday, 26th October
Time: 5pm - 7.30pm
This event is to support City of Ryde Spring Garden Competition. To enter the competition, please register your interest at www.ryde.nsw.gov.au/gardencomp